Friday, October 13, 2023

Breast Cancer Awareness Day

 My cousin passed away from Stage 4 Breast Cancer. Although I have known other breast cancer survivors, this one hit me harder as she was only 31, which is so young. I organized an IG hop, and I wanted my card to be really positive. She was so positive to me, despite everything going on. 



The card was really simple, but I thought really pretty. This is the new cozy autumn A2 wreath by Scrapbook.com . It's supposed to be an autumn wreath, but I'm pretty sure that's the only holiday I haven't used it for. I picked out three pink papers from Chasing Rainbows Paper Pad by First Edition. I had really struggled with this shiny pink paper, it felt like to much for me in past projects, but with it scattered throughout the wreath I feel like it worked so much better! I layered the diecuts and then glued the wreath on to a paper with a spun sugar distress ink background and a little sparkly Dyslusions sprays. 


I submitted this card to the https://daranddiane.blogspot.com/ also known as Double D Challenges. 





4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an incredible card! Those diecuts are amazing! Thanks for popping by my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm just entering the blog world and when I found the Double D page I was like yay!! Perfect place to make friends!

      Delete
  2. Oh Barbara, this is just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm just entering the blog world and when I found the Double D page I was like yay!! Perfect place to make friends! I will definitely be back!

      Delete