Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Happy Lunar New Year!

Lunar New Year is an amazing holiday! I was lucky to have been able to go to Hong Kong during the week of Lunar New Year and it was so much fun! Disney was decorated and there were lion dances to see in the streets, it was incredibly festive! This card is my tribute to the new year!

 I started the process by using the ornamental Sissix embossing folder. Then I used  ink blending on the background. I used a variety of distress inks with reds and oranges to bring out the beautiful embossing. To add another element I used gold splatter. 



The background felt beautiful but one dimensional, so I used my hero arts nesting rectangles to cut a red cardstock and gold layer and pop out a layer of the background.



These adorable little plushie dragons are from Clearly Besotted. I was so blessed to be able to snag a set! I am practicing adding white gel pen details. It came out okay, but I need some more work. 


I am also entering this beautiful card in the "Can You Handle The Pressure" Challenge It's a perfect red card for February and the New Year! Visit them for some great embossing inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet homage to the Year of the Dragon. Those cute little guys just make me smile, I LOVE your card. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this is one of my favorites! I love how many different challenges you have. It is definitely inspiring to use my materials!!

      Delete