Saturday, February 17, 2024

Valentine's My Way

 Valentine's are so PINK. I made some pink ones, but honestly it's just not my favorite color. Probably because it looks terrible on me, hehe. Anyways I went with a super non-traditional Valentine for a friend. I also love the colors because I used to pick out the blue and green Sweethearts to eat them, yum. Don't get me wrong I'd eat the other ones too, but there is something about that green color!



This card started out with the heart Sissix embossing folder, then I took a gradient of inks to blend over the embossing to make the hearts pop.  Then off to my paint box to add some Distress Mica shimmer and some white acrylic paint splatter. I think it just adds great dimension. I have a hard time stopping at just ink blending. 

This cute little turtle friend is from May May stamps. It's from the Happy Thoughts set. How adorable is this turtle!! I probably should have stamped first then embossed, but the ship had already sailed. Plus ink blending would have ruined the stamp image. It worked out though. I just had to stamp a few times to get the depth of blue with my mini Misti. If you don't have a Misti I'm pretty sure it's like one of my most loved tools. 

A little sentiment from my Tim Holtz strips and it was ready to go. 



I am entering this card in the Double D Heart Challenge. I don't know if the color board was super inspiring with all the pink but that little pastel green heart made me go whew! I don't mind pink, I just don't understand pink. We have a work in progress relationship. But of course I went with the hearts! What I love about my card is it really doesn't have to be a Valentine either. 



No comments:

Post a Comment